Re: [opensuse] HAL and usb stick
  • From: Mrvka Andreas <mrv@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:35:27 +0100
hi again,

Am Mittwoch, den 01.02.2006, 17:16 +0100 schrieb Danny Kukawka:

> On Wednesday 01 February 2006 16:40, Mrvka Andreas wrote:
> > hi list,
> >
> > today i wanted to attach an usb stick to my opensuse beta2 but mounting
> > the stick was unsuccessful.
>
> Did you a update to Beta2 or a fresh install?

did a fresh installation of beta1 and now updated to beta2.

> > as you can see in my log the system accepted the stick and knew its
> > name.
> > opensuse wanted to mount the stick via _-t subfs_ to /media/SWISSMEMORY.
> > if i do that manually it says _unknown fs type - subfs_
>
> Subfs was dropped from the kernel and IMO also the submount package with the
> hal subfs mount helper.
>
> > if i mount the stick via _-t vfat_ it works!
> >
> > so, can i anywhere define how opensuse should mount the stick?
>
> There is currently no supported automount for console user on SUSE anymore.
> You can prevent the error if you uninstall the submount package (rpm -e
> submount).
>
> > i think it should be managed somewhere in HAL. isn't it?
>
> See above. If you want a automount for console (without KDE or GNOME) open a
> bug and write a feature request.

well, the error messages above are shown in error log if i only plug in
my usb stick.
i was logged in the KDE session where i plugged it in.
(for your interest)
so, for me, there needn't be any automout in console, but as i saw that
nothing had happened in KDE
i looked into error log.

> Cheers,
>
> Danny