question about opensuse/ppc
  • From: "Mathias Homann" <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:02:26 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

I've got a serious question for you guys:

Would you say that "opensuse 10.x/ppc on an old g3 or g4 mac" is a good idea for someone who
has NO computer experience at all, and is ... well, old.

Background: A computer for my mom, to send mails and browse the web.
She has no experience with computers at all, so no matter what i give her, i'll have to do
support for it.
And right now I might be able to wrestle an old mac (g3 or g4 i think) out of the greedy hands
of my companies basement storeroom where it sits unused, collecting dust (and maybe worse).
And since I have no clue about macos, it will most likely be running opensuse/ppc + KDE 3.5.x.

Ist that a good idea, or am I digging my own grave here?

bye,
MH

--
Die unaufgeforderte Zusendung einer Werbemail an Privatleute verstößt gegen §1 UWG und §823 I
BGB (Beschluß des LG Berlin vom 2.8.1998 Az: 16 O 201/98). Jede kommerzielle Nutzung der

< Previous Next >