workaround for /dev/pilot that's out to lunch?
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:32:53 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,

I find that after a few [days, uses, lunar cycles??] my /dev/pilot
device stops appearing when I hit the sync button on my palm cradle.
Sometimes it's the palm itself, and a soft reset fixes it, but much of
the time the only cure is to reboot my SuSE 9.3 system. That's rather a
nuisance. Curiously the rest of the USB system continues to work. I
can't tell if this is something to do with udev, the USB system
(unlikely) or something else but it's certainly a pain.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to restart the USB/udev parts of
the system so I can perhaps kick /dev/pilot back to life without a full
restart?

Or any other workaround--indeed, has anyone else found this, or is it
just me?

Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

  • No further messages