Re: [SLE] Cyrus IMAP - Non-local passwords - SOLVED
  • From: John Summerfield <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:25:14 +0800
Jim Flanagan wrote:

> Hi. I'm trying to do this the SUSE way, but not clear as to what that
> is. The problem was when I first created the sasldb2 file, it was set
> for owner/group as root, which CRYADM could not read to allow me to set
> up my cyrus mailboxes. I did not want all to read that file, so that is
> why I changed it to cyrus/mail. Many thanks for pointing out the
> importance of proper controll on the sasldb2 file. I'm still not sure if
> this is correct or not, or more importantly secure, but it is working.
> Not sure what dorked squirrelmail. Still working on that.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Jim

You should have a /etc/init.d/saslauthd or similar script to start a
daemon that controls access to the info.

Here are the first few lines of the Debian script:
!/bin/sh -e

NAME=saslauthd
DAEMON="/usr/sbin/${NAME}"
DESC="SASL Authentication Daemon"
DEFAULTS=/etc/default/saslauthd
PWDIR=/var/run/saslauthd
PIDFILE="/var/run/${NAME}/saslauthd.pid"

At some point it starts saslauthd

Surely Suse has some docs for you to read:-)

  • No further messages