Re: [SLE] Loading onto USB devices: Any Developments?
  • From: Joseph Loo <jloo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:31:15 -0800
The data rate is slow because the default method is sync. I have mounted the disk drive via a mount command with fstab. The data transfer sped up really fast *cache) When I unmount the file, it flush the cache, but it was still faster than the synch transfer rate.

Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
I use SuSE 10 and XFCE4. I just loaded 16 MB onto a usb device and it took a very long time. I know that this is a bug that Novell is working on. How will it be made known when the fix has been produced? Is there any indication of progress in this matter?

--
Joseph Loo
jloo@xxxxxxx