CHGRP and CHOWN BUG with LDAP and SuSE 9.3
  • From: "Roberto C. Duarte" <roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:34:25 -0200
Hi all,

I made tests with LDAP in SuSE 9.3 and find a problem: "chgrp" and "chown" fails when changing
ownerships from a LDAP group with more than 50 users, Yast Online Update don't report any
correction or comments to this problem !

A friend made a nss_ldap compilation from source and the problem was solved, but I did a stop in
NSCD daemon and the problem returns !!! I could not try in other SuSE versions like SLES 9 and
OpenSuSE 10, but I can do it in next days and I will report in this list.

Anyone had this problem ??? Maybe this is a bug from "Core Utils" or "NSS_LDAP" ??

Thanks All !

Roberto C. Duarte

  • No further messages