Re: [SLE] KDE 3.5 Upgrade Problem -- python-qt
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:46:42 +0800
Robert Paulsen wrote:
> On Thursday 01 December 2005 03:50, Francesco Teodori wrote:
>
>> Skip the kdebindings3-python package. It's what I did and everything work.
>> Francesco
>>
>> Robert Paulsen wrote:
>>
>>> I have the pre-release KDE 3.5 installed OK on SuSE 9.3. Got it from SuSE
>>> supplementary source via YaST's "Install and Remove Software" about a
>>> week ago.

He said skip, not uninstall. IOW, leave that package and update all
others. It does work. IIANM, it is a packaging bug.
>>> kdebindings3-python is required in turn by hplip -- needed by CUPS to
>>> support my HP Laserjet printer.
>>>
>>> So, it seems I cannot install the official KDE 3.5.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a way around this?
>>>

> Ahh, but do you have a HP Laserjet printer? Do you print via CUPS?
He gave you the only present possibility to update. It is still your
choice. By NOT updating kdebindings3-python, your printer will still work.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871

< Previous Next >