Re: [SLE] Update of Java SDK to 1.5.0_06 Coming?
  • From: "Kai Ponte" <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:50:06 -0800
> Does SuSE have any plans to keep their Java packages for SuSE 10.0
> up-to-date with new releases from Sun? We're currently falling a little
> behind, still being at 1.5.0_03 while Sun has released 1.5.0_06.

I doubt it - since 9.1, SUSE has always lagged behind Sun and been
delenquent in releasing upgrades to the JVM/J2SE packages.

I usually find myself updating from the .bin files Sun provides then
running two JRE/JVM systems. Since my path usually prepends the YaST
path for the environments, nothing seems to blow up. (Yet.)

--
kai ponte
www.perfectreign.com

linux - genuine windows replacement part

  • No further messages