RE: [SLE] Grub suddenly crashed...
  • From: "Lonn" <lonn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:28:20 -0500

Sergey,

Grub tells the boot selection where to find the boot info.

Go the list again, and emphasize that your data is precious, and also give
as much info as possible.

You said you see only a portion of the files in your Linux files system.
Which partitions do you see, which dirs do you see? Do they appear to be OK
obviously damaged? Many on the list have the expertise to help. Respond
thoughtfully to their questions.

Because your data is precious, I will bow out on trying to be helpful.

**CAVEAT** You may want to backup your precious data before you boot or do
anything to the Linux OS or before you change any Linux files -- or before
you change any other OS files if you are multi-booting.

Put your message on the list again -- I just now arrived at my computer --
3:15 Eastern or 7:15 GMT, and I do not see any response to your late night
posting.

Lonn

< Previous Next >