Re: [SLE] KDE 3.5 in SUSE 9.1
  • From: Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:59:39 -0500
On Thu December 1 2005 3:24 pm, Sunny wrote:
> I did it using apt.

so what is your apt/sources.list file look like??

> Anyway, Paul, do you have any font problems after that upgrade? My
> KDE now behaves very strange. It can not pick the highest resolution
> set in X. It switched to a lower one, and after that, it does not
> offer the highest one. I switched to some in between, but that the
> fonts went wrong. After some playing around, I put it in some
> strange resolution, and font sizes and it is OK (kind of), but it
> does not save these settings. So after relogin I have to set it
> pack.

my hardware setup says:
1280X1024 (SXGA) and 65536 ( 16 bit) color,using a Dell M782 monitor
looks like my options include all the way to 3200X2400 (QUXGA).
But as I am... um, how do I say this politically correct <G> optically
challenged ( bifocally speaking), I seriously doubt I could read the
fonts in that resolution.
What I have found is that the terminal program fonts changed, but I
like the new default. You can change that under settings, anyway.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800