Re: [SLE] Straw Poll: Has GNU/Linux Replaced Windows on Your Boxes?
  • From: John Summerfield <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 06:24:54 +0800 (WST)
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, DC Parris wrote:

> This is just a straw poll. I'd be curious to know how many people are
> running a pure GNU/Linux environment - SUSE or otherwise. If your job
> requires Windows, and you don't own the business, don't include that.
> Please include:
>
> <> Number of GNU/Linux boxes vs. Windows boxes (personal or SOHO use)
L 9 W 0 (excludes all machines < P III except my P II firewall)
Plus my Linksys access point (they come with Linux)
> <> Systems configured to dual-boot (only if Windows is rarely used)
2 dual boot (not counted above)
> <> Any reasons why you still keep a Windows box or copies of Windows around
1. Came with laptops (2)
2. Some software/hardware requires W
> <> Length of time you've been Windows-free
I've nover used Windows as my primary OS: I came to Linux from OS/2

> Thanks in advance for your input.

What are you trying to prove?