Possible to disable HAL, powersaved, dbus on OpenSuse 10?
  • From: Matthias Keller <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:19:39 +0100
Hi

I'm running an older server and actually I'd like to disable all services I dont absolutely need....

I saw that by default HAL, powersaved and dbus are running on my system.
Is it save to disable them or are these essential system services?

The computer isn't a laptop so i dont know if i really need powersaved ?
HAL and DBUS is something new to me, i dont have them on my Suse9.0 system -- are they really needed?
I've already disabled subfs and since the computer is a server i dont need any hotplugging, usb or something like that for which I guess HAL could be used.....

Thanks a lot!

Matt