Re: [SLE] vnc funny
  • From: Jerry Westrick <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:50:11 +0100
On Friday 02 December 2005 15:45, Kai Ponte wrote:
> On Friday 02 December 2005 06:30 am, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > greetings,
> >
> > I have enabled vnc via xinetd, and when I connect to it is says at the
> > bottom of the vnc window on the windows PC, "nobody's x11 desktop
> > chadlap:1"
>
> I think that was explained to me once as a result of the window belonging
> to the group, "nobody." I've never noticed an issue with it in terms of
> performance or usage.
>
> --
> kai
> www.perfectreign.com
>
> linux - genuine windows replacement part
Basically, the VNCServer is started by Inetd, as USER nobody and is waiting
for the user to login. At startup VNCServer generates the title text. So as
it says: "Nobody's Desktop".

It's only a title...

I don't think I've ever managed to get rid of it, Although at the moment I
don't remember trying either...

Jerry

< Previous Next >