Re: [SLE] Postfix mail server
  • From: Paul Cooper <mail.phatlip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 02:14:22 +1100
On 12/3/05, Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Paul Cooper wrote:
>
> > I have DNS servers that point my MX records to my mail server. My mail
> > server collects and sends mail. Currently with qmail/vpopmail on a Red Hat
> > box. I've built a new server wiht SuSE 9.3 and want to set-up a better mail
> > server with postfix.
>
> What do you want to implement in this better server?
> Spamassassin, Antivirus, blacklists, smtp auth?
>
> Is it necessary to have a good administration frontend, because you need
> to change settings daily?
>
> > I'll be hosting multiple accounts on the box, so i need virtual domains for
> > both SMTP auth and POP3 access.
>
> No problem for any setup. The standard packages have support for LDAP
> compiled in, and the postfix book from Ralph Hildebrand and Patrick
> Koetter explaines very detailed and step-by-step how to set up such a server.
>
> Sandy
> --
> List replies only please!
> Please address PMs to: news-reply2 (@) japantest (.) homelinux (.) com
>
> --

smpt auth definately.

while i was waiting for some answers i had a go at setting up just the
SMTP server with sasl auth - and i get two recurring errors, both from
/var/log/messages.

1) postifx/smtpd[19599]: SQL engine 'mysql' no supported.

i never asked for mysql support?

2) (when attempting to send mail from another node in the lan)
do_auth : auth failure ... [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]

however - a simple testsaslauthd -u <user> -p <pass> return success?

in my smtpd.conf i specify saslauthd as the pwcheck_method - what is PAM doing?!

< Previous Next >