Re: [SLE] Postfix mail server
  • From: Paul Cooper <mail.phatlip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 05:13:49 +1100
On 12/3/05, Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Paul Cooper wrote:
>

> > 2) (when attempting to send mail from another node in the lan)
> > do_auth : auth failure ... [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]
> >
> > however - a simple testsaslauthd -u <user> -p <pass> return success?
> >
> > in my smtpd.conf i specify saslauthd as the pwcheck_method - what is PAM doing?!
>
> Did you also try to specify smtp as service when you used testsaslauthd?
> testsaslauthd -s smtp -u <user> -p <pass>
>
> Sandy
> --
> List replies only please!
> Please address PMs to: news-reply2 (@) japantest (.) homelinux (.) com
>
> --

Yes i got SASLAUTHD_AUTHMECH=pam

Mechanisms:

saslauthd 2.1.2 authentication mechanisms: getpwent kerberos5 pam
rimap shadow ldap

smtpd.conf:

pwcheck_method: auxprop
mech_list: plain login
auxprop_plugin: sasldb2

when i specify the service i get denied access, obviously PAM was
reading from the /etc/passwd file - because i was using a UNIX user to
test auth.

< Previous Next >