Re: [opensuse] KDE translucency enablement
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:14:11 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Cameron Seader wrote:

> How do you enable the translucency, I have gone into the Control Center
> under Desktop > Window Behavior and enabled it there, but what else
> needs to be done, because that apparently does not do it.

I guess you are trying to get the Xorg Composite extension to work, which
needs to be done in /etc/X11/xorg.conf in addition to the KDE settings.
Note: A 3D accelerated graphics card is highly recommended + Composite
might be quite broken ;)

Anyway, add

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf, restart your X-server and log into KDE.

Regards
Christoph