Re: [opensuse] Re: ftp4.gwdg.de FTP Server Down (HTTP is OK)
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:44:33 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Nicola -kOoLiNuS- Losito wrote:

> Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
> > ftp4 is working and was all the time. Basta.
>
> Taking italian lessons ?
> ^___^
>
> Eberhard, to your knowledge there are actually people mirroring "your"
> server ? I think that being exposed in that manner as the ONLY source
> for suser-people on the openSUSE wiki will lead often to undesired
> problems with it.
>
> If so maybe we can put that mirrors on the wiki page, and for now

Folks, could you please calm down a bit? ftp{,4}.gwdg.de isn't the only
mirror for SUSE Linux, but it is (and has been) the primary mirror for
years. However ftp{,4}.gwdg.de offers a lot of 3rd party repos, which is a
unique selling proposition of course ;) If there are actually mirrors,
that mirror those 3rd party repos, they should be mentioned in the wiki -
but it's not that unproblematic to mirror the apt-rpm metadata (which is
still used very widely).

Anyway, if Eberhard is telling you the server is up and running, I can
assure you that it is 100% _up and running_.

Regards
Christoph
5B