Re: [opensuse] Latest Thunderbird and Firefox for SUSE?
  • From: Marcus Cooper <fmwt.marcus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:21:08 +0000
On 01/12/05, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 08:50:10AM +0000, Marcus Cooper wrote:
> >
> > Would 1.5 be deemed a security patch as well and therefore delivered by YOU?
>
> No. We will provide security patches from the 1.0.x branch as long as it
> is maintained.

do you know how long the 1.0.x branch is going to be maintained? What
will happen when it stopped being maintained? Will 1.5.x go into YOU?

The reason behind my questions are if new users of SUSE 10 are going
to be kept on v1.0.x (and yes I know 1.5.x will be easily installed
from adding the yast source, i assume) it might be used as a critism.
Mind you 10.1 (which will I assume include 1.5.x) will be out soon so
I think I'm making a moutain out of a molehill.

> > You might have already answered this with your above comment but I'm
> > not sure how the fpt site relates to YOU.
>
> It does not relate.

I assume it still wouldn't relate even if I had spelt ftp correctly ;)

thanks for your answers Marcus

have fun
Marcus

--