RE: FW: [SLE] rejected email to list
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:49:41 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2005-06-30 at 19:40 -0800, Greg Wallace wrote:

Please, ¡trim you quotes! ¡Your email had 10 kilobytes of quoted old
material!

> For some reason, suse-linux-e doesn't like
> mail that is sent through an SMTP that is on a different network from where
> the originating mail comes from.

No, that is not true.

I already said the exact causes of the rejection, so I'm not going to
repeat them. The main problem is your relay host (comcast.net) being
listed in some blacklists, namely postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org and
whois.rfc-ignorant.org. That alone yields 1.91 points of "spamminess".
Only your provider can tack that issue.

Then there is the very important point of the Bayes database of SA at SuSE
being automatically trained, and badly, giving you a 95% probability of
being a spammer. This point has to be handled by this list administrator.
As I said, find the thread where I reported on this on list, find the
answer I got, and forward that info off-list to the address listed there.
ASAP. The more reports he gets, the more attention this problem will get.
You are not the only one affected.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson