Re: [SLE] Problem with list?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:54:54 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2005-07-01 at 06:06 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> Complaining about road maintenance in Chicago to the government of
> Los Angles will probably do little good. Similarly complaining to the
> product people of SuSE about problems on the mailing list might take
> years, if ever, to resolve.

In that web form selection list there are items for other things than
strictly "products". For example, some time ago the list server went down,
so that emailing to the list admin was useless: the server sending mail to
him (ezmlm) was down. That time reporting to feedback worked instantly.

The lists can be considered as a "product" or "service" from SuSE. They
are used for users self help for their products. SuSE support refers
people they can't help to these lists, specially with cases of not
being covered by the free installation support. Therefore, feedback
should be interested in the lists working properly. Opinions about the
lists can go there as well.

Also, this particular problem of mail being flagged as spam because of the
Bayesian database hitting (90%-99%), has being reported more than once in
the Spanish SuSE list to that list admin, with no answer. I had to report
it here in public in order to get a response. As far as I know, they are
working on it now, but I have no further feedback.

That lack of response led us to think that Novell was preparing to
supersede these lists with equivalent news forums in Novell servers - you
can check yourself, those forums exist already. Why that duplicity I don't
understand.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson