Re: [SLE] SuSE9.3 ftp install?
  • From: kanenas <kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:23:01 -1000
On Tuesday 28 June 2005 20:59, Clayton wrote:
> > I can confirm that the md5sums of iso files are the same that the boxed
> > CDs shipped by SuSE. So the CDs are the 'Official' SuSE 9.3 Prof for x86.
>
> That's cool. Now I can help my sister through the install of 9.3. :-)
> Much easier for her to DL isos vs trying to do an ftp install.
>
> > On the other hand, there were a lot of packages in DVD not in the CD set,
> > but I think most of them are now in FTP directories.
>
> There is also a readme somewhere I stumbled on (on the ftp.suse.com
> site) which gives instructions on how to add the ftp stuff to YaST so
> that you get access to the missing files.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation about the CD isos.
>
> C.

The cd iso's have only the 32 bit version, the dvd iso has 32 and 64 bit.
Tried to dl the dvd, 3 times it paused indefinitely on the last 100k. Am I
missing something? when i dl'd  the 9.2 dvd (using 9.1) i did not have any
problems. Do i need to set up something for more than 2 gig files in 9.2?

  • No further messages