RE: [SLE] Suse 9.3 or kde problem with closing lid on IBM Thinkpads
  • From: "Khanh Tran" <khanh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:33:11 -0400
I don't THINK I'm using SUSPEND2RAM. I never set it up.

What happens is when the system idles for a while (I'm not sure how long) or if I close the lid, when I re-open it, the top 5% of the screen has a bunch of garbage in it. This offsets the entire desktop down about an inch. However, the mouse can go up in this "garbage" area of the screen.

If I hit Fn+F7 (vga/lcd screen output), it resets the screen after going to vga-out, then back to lcd output. Then I'm back in business.

Khanh Tran
Information Systems
Sarah Lawrence College