Re: [SLE] Kmenu Icons Too Big
  • From: roach <robert_spencer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 02:23:41 +0200
On Thursday 30 June 2005 17:12, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
<...>
> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/05/jbartsh_menuentryheight.html

Thanks, that was a real help. I also had the large icon problem and now
finally its fixed.

My icon size was set to 25, a size that obviously doesn't exist, and looked
fuzzy from being a rescaled 32. Resizing to 22 didn't help as there are
insufficient icons in /opt/kde3/share/icons/crystalsvg/22x22/ to repopulate
the menu (I wonder if this is a bug?). 16 works fine though.

Has anybody else noticed that some kmenu icons are wrong or missing?

Games > Arcade > Klickety [Missing]
Games > Action [Right] - But frozen, can't change
Games > Amusement [Missing]
Games > Games for Kids [Right] - But frozen, can't change
Internet > Email > Mutt [Missing] - Fixed
Internet > Data Exchange [Missing]
Multimedia > Recording [Wrong]
Office > Kontact [Wrong]
Office > Spreadsheet [Wrong]
Utilities > Desktop > Groupware Wizard [Wrong]
Utilities > Sync > Kitchensync [Missing]

Most of these programs have icons, they're just not being used. If you go into
the kmenu editor you can see the correct icon and change them but kmenu is
not updated. This doesn't update it either:

$ dcop kicker Panel restart

The advice specified here get ignored too:

help:/kicker/faq.html#id2496395 "Is it possible to change the K button of the
panel to another picture?"

Any suggestions?

--
Robert "roach" Spencer