Back to 9.1 (was yast music > kernel problems)
  • From: Paul Ollion <pollion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 01:45:07 -0700
Hello list.
I answer my previous post myself since no one could shed any light upon my
difficulties ; or maybe my questions were too stupid.
As there were too many problems o n my laptop with modules tainting the kernel
I reinstalled
SuSE 9.1 on my laptop it is not perfect but at least I can work.
No CD Troubles
No modem troubles
Network OK
But no sound .
I think SuSE 9.3 is not as fit for modern hardware as SuSE 9.1, which is
curious.
SuSE 9.3 works fine on my AMD athlon 1600 machine, which is older than my
Centrino laptop..
Can you explain this ?

Paul Ollion.

  • No further messages