Re: [SLE] Transfer mail via disk
  • From: Gervase Chavasse <g_chavasse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 11:57:07 +0100
On Friday 01 July 2005 14:57, Andre Venter wrote:
> Just make sure you don't restore them to the original location (which will
> be the same on the 9.3 Box) then use Kmail's import ability to import them
> into the existing file structure.
This is interesting; would you please expand?

In the past, whenever I have upgraded Suse from one version to another (ie a
clean instal of the new version) I have been able to save
my /home/myname/Mail file to a floppy and then simply insert it into the new
OS and after correcting the ownership everything worked fine. That is until
9.3 when I lost most of my mail folders - some transferred, some didn't.

I tried importing but the import menu allows you to import from evolution and
other MTAs but not a previous version of Kmail. Could you please suggest a
blow by blow howto? Moving e-mail safely from one version to another is
important to me. Many thanks.

Gervase Chavasse