Re: [SLE] gpg with email clients (was Re: [SLE] Dead Linux machines)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:53:45 +0200 (CEST)

The Saturday 2005-07-02 at 07:44 -0400, ken wrote:

> Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:
>
> > Sat, 02 Jul 2005, by robin1:

> >>Do you mean that that header includes a gpg signature of your mail
> >>contents? What can we use the check it? I have tried Pine, Balsa, Mozilla,
> >>and kmail: none mentions anything about it. :-?
> >>

> I don't know about balsa and kmail, but both MozillaMail and pine can
> handle gpg-signed email and sign outgoing email. Google will turn up
> good hits for you.

You misunderstood my question. Theo is using some not standard headers,
on which those programs do not trigger. I know very well that all those
programs handle gpg signed email, as you can see on most of my emails.

> The only reasons I can see at this time for gpg-signing email would be
> to prove that someone has tampered with the contents of your email
> and/or to prove that the email came from you.

Exactly so. Some one was routinely forging email with in my name, on a
SuSE list....

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson