Re: [SLE] Transfer mail via disk
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 14:00:06 +0200 (CEST)

The Saturday 2005-07-02 at 11:57 +0100, Gervase Chavasse wrote:

> I tried importing but the import menu allows you to import from evolution and
> other MTAs but not a previous version of Kmail. Could you please suggest a
> blow by blow howto? Moving e-mail safely from one version to another is
> important to me. Many thanks.

If the folder is mbox type, it is prety simple: just copy over the mbox
file, with cp, to where Kmail can see it. No need to "import".

I have dozens of folders, inherited from suse 5.3, 6.x, 7,x, 8.x, 9.1 and
finally, to 9.3. All seen. I simply tell kmail my folders are in ~/Mail/,
and start using them. I have never used "import".

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson