Trying to install Captive-NTFS and LUFS on Suse Linux 9.3
  • From: Braun Brelin <bbrelin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:32:41 +0100
Folks,

I'm trying to install Captive-NTFS to allow me to have a writable NTFS
file system.

I'm having a great deal of difficulty in doing this.

Captive-ntfs is installed but it's complaining that LUFS isn't running.
When I try running prepmod I get the following errors:

/usr/include/asm/hw_irq.h:28: error: `NR_IRQ_VECTORS' undeclared here
(not in a
function)
/usr/include/asm/hw_irq.h:32: error: `NR_IRQS' undeclared here (not in a
function)
Failed to prepare lufs.ko module for your Linux kernel
2.6.11.4-20a-default.
Detected Linux kernel sources "/lib/modules/2.6.11.4-20a-default/build"
do not appear to be valid.

It seems to want an rpm called kernel-headers-2.6.<xx>, but I can't find
that anywhere, I've looked at ftp.suse.com with no luck.
I even tried downloading the lufs source and compiling it but the
autoconf configuration file complains about no kernel headers.

Anyone know where these kernel headers are? i'm running Suse 9.3
professional edition on an AMD 64 Athlon.

Thanks,

Braun Brelin

  • No further messages