Re: [SLE] Transfer mail via disk
  • From: roach <robert_spencer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 23:15:09 +0200
On Saturday 02 July 2005 20:40, Gervase Chavasse wrote:
<...>
> I managed to copy some of my folders back from 9.2 via a Zip drive but the
> inbox folder seemed to behave differently.  I have copied it into
> both /home/myname/Mail and /home/myname/.kde.share/apps/mail but Kmail
> fails to read them. I have of course checked the possessions.

help:/kmail/faq.html#id2529326 "How can I use mail folders that are not in
~/Mail/?"

You can't just randomly move mail around that's in maildir format. You have to
move everything including the hidden indices.

As for /home/myname/.kde.share/apps/mail, I think you
meant /home/myname/.kde/share/apps/kmail. Why do you think you can put mail
in there? That folder is for the lock file, custom icons and some notes kmail
makes for it's self.

You also don't need to specify ~/Mail/ on Suse. That is the default.

--
Robert "roach" Spencer
Pietermaritzburg