Re: [SLE] Mail routing suggestion?
  • From: "John N. Alegre" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 18:42:00 -0500
Scott,

On Saturday 02 July 2005 18:31, Scott Leighton wrote:
>   That question makes me wonder if you really do mean to relay
> mail to a subdomain, which is what Sandy explained how to do.
>
>    Your question makes it seem like you only want to provide
> pop3 or imap on your main box for the others to collect their
> mail from, that's an entirely different setup.
>
>    Which is it really?

Im sorry for the confussion and will admit it is all mine.

Ok .. I have a SuSE box with postfix collecting mail in via SMTP and sending
it to user accounts on this same machine. This is machine libros on
mydomain. So mail to someuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or mail to someuser@mydomain
goes to someuser on that box. The DNS entry for mail to mydomain is all to
the IP of this machine.

Now I want to set up a mail account for a different machine, which is a Mac OS
X machine. This is machine valencia and it has its own users. I want the
users on valencia to get mail to their mail reader software that comes in to
libros but is somehow sent to valencia. This is all in mydomain. So the
questions are what software to use and what has to be done to postfix.

I was thinking that I would need something like pop3 or imap for the mail to
get to the valencia machine and the first question was what to use and what I
have to do to postfix to use it.

Sorry for the confussion and I will again admit it is all mine.

Thanks for your continued help.
john

< Previous Next >