Re: [SLE] Mail routing suggestion?
  • From: Andreas Philipp <andreas.philipp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 20:25:02 -0500
John, Sandy:

El Sáb 02 Jul 2005 19:12, Sandy Drobic escribió:
> My network here at home is set up in such a way. I will admit it is
> ridiculously oversized for me alone, but it's just such a nice plaything I
> couldn't resist. (^-^)
>
> - Mails come in and are received by postfix
> - Postfix already performs some checks to fend off spammers and viruses
> - the rest of the mail is scanned by spamassassin and antivir
> - then it is delivered to Cyrus IMAP
> - Cyrus uses Sieve to filter the Mails into the proper folders.
> (...)
> Please be aware that such a system is NOT trivial to set up and might be
> overkill for your office. You probably don't need all these options but the
> basic principle is what you probably want if you knew what imap means
> compared to pop. (^-^)

I find
http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/html/index.html to
be a very comprehensive howto to achieve a setup as described by Sandy. My
company's email system is set up like that and has been running for over two
years on a smallish 8.2 box. John, you might have a look and try and make it
work.

Regards,
--
Andreas Philipp