Configuring swat
  • From: "J. Scott Thayer, M.D." <docscott@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 09:18:08 -0400
This is not that big a deal since I seem to have Samba configured
satisfactorily but I just want to know. I am supposed to be able to access
swat by entering http://localhost:901 in my browser but I am unable to access
it. I do have local networking active as I can browse other devices on my
network. My wife can get to my printer on my Linux system from her XP system
so Samba works. I have the appropriate line in /etc/services BUT
traditionally you need a line in /etc/inetd.conf. We have /etc/xinetd.conf
but it really just seems to refer one to the directory xinetd.d. In the
Administration Guide on page 543 it refers you to /etc/xinetd.d/samba and
instricts you to edit it. There is no such file. There IS /etc/xinetd.d/swat
but it does not seem to require any change as far as I can see. SO, any
thoughts?
Scott