Re: [SLE] Configuring swat
  • From: "J. Scott Thayer, M.D." <docscott@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:47:49 -0400
On Sunday 03 July 2005 09:33, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> J. Scott Thayer, M.D. wrote:
> >This is not that big a deal since I seem to have Samba configured
> >satisfactorily but I just want to know. I am supposed to be able to access
> >swat by entering http://localhost:901 in my browser but I am unable to
> > access it.
>
> Use Yast, Network Services, Network Services (xinetd) to enable swat.

Super suggestion and I did that. Funny thing. When I entered that item in Yast
the Disable button was highlighted and the listed items were ghosted. I did
the logical thing and selected Enable and the list became unghosted. The swat
item was listed as active. I left that part of yast then reented it and it
was again marked as Disabled and the items were ghosted. I marked enabled,
left Yast, rebooted and still got an error when I pointed Konqueror at
http://localhost:901. I reentered Yast and Netowrk services (xinetd) was
AGAIN marked Disable and the list ghosted. I guess I am confused.

Scott