Re: [SLE] TCP Printer not working in Suse 9.3
  • From: Ulf Rasch <u.rasch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:17:20 +0200
On Sunday 03 July 2005 17:58, Art Fore wrote:
> I tried that, trying tcp, everything else. When I test remote socket
> access, it says cups cannot connect to server. (ip address should be
> 192.168.0.31) When I go to localhost:631, it show it running, but cannot
> get into admin or configure printer even with root password.

By default you can not access the configuration stuff for cups under
localhost:631 with your root password. You will have to configure a password.

When you have configured your printer have you set the port correctly?
Can you telnet to that ip:port?
Can you print from another station on that network to the printer?

Ulf

< Previous Next >