Re: [SLE] Dead Linux machines
  • From: r <Rich3800@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:40:50 -0400
Even with the PC turned off, there's till the CMOS battery, keeping BIOS settings in memory.

suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 17:53 +0100, Kevanf1 wrote:

On 02/07/05, Tim Grant <tgrant@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think EMP is only an issue for machines that are actually running at
the time of release of the pulse. A PC switched off would not be
affected.

I could of course be wrong about that and please correct me if I am. It would seem to make sense that only a 'live' machine would be
affected though.

Keep in mind that most modern PC's still have electric running through
them as the on/off switch is electronic not mechanical. Based on that,
unless you have the plug pulled it would still be susceptible.

< Previous Next >