Re: [SLE] OT Memory question(s)
  • From: roach <robert_spencer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 07:51:48 +0200
On Monday 04 July 2005 05:44, AmigaPhil@xxxxxxx wrote:
> One more question:
>
> Can overclocking the CPU damage the RAM ?

Doubtful unless your fiddling with voltages as well.

> My CPU is a Pentium III Copermine, 100Mhz, 3.5 clock rate, but it runs
> at 138Mhz - 5.5 clock rate (so 759Mhz instead of 350Mhz).
> The SDRAM I've just ordered is PC100.
> Should I switch back the CPU clock frequency to 100Mhz or will the RAM
> support the 138Mhz ?

RAM of varying quality will fail at different frequencies. Only way to know is
to test it or buy memory guaranteed to work at that frequency.

NB: Borderline RAM will work when cold and die when hot. Run tests for long
time.

--
Robert "roach" Spencer
Pietermaritzburg