RE: [SLE] Configuring swat
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <jgregw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 00:07:27 -0800
On Sunday, July 03, 2005 @ 9:29 AM, J. Scott Thayer, M.D. wrote:

>Sunday 03 July 2005 11:01, Ken Schneider wrote:
>> On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 10:47 -0400, J. Scott Thayer, M.D. wrote:
>> > On Sunday 03 July 2005 09:33, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
>> >
>> > Super suggestion and I did that. Funny thing. When I entered that item
in
>> > Yast the Disable button was highlighted and the listed items were
>> > ghosted. I did the logical thing and selected Enable and the list
became
>> > unghosted. The swat item was listed as active. I left that part of yast
>> > then reented it and it was again marked as Disabled and the items were
>> > ghosted. I marked enabled, left Yast, rebooted and still got an error
>> > when I pointed Konqueror at http://localhost:901. I reentered Yast and
>> > Netowrk services (xinetd) was AGAIN marked Disable and the list
ghosted.
>> > I guess I am confused.
>>
>> Are clicking on the finish button in the lower right corner or just
>> clicking on the X in the top right corner?
>>
>> --
>Finish

I'm still using INETD, and maybe things are different in the XINETD world,
but the intetd.conf file has the following line in it for swat.

swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/local/samba/bin/swat swat

Seems like I had to at least do some tweaking on that line when I first set
up swat, but that's been ages ago. Anyway, you might just take a look to
see what you have in there.

Greg Wallace

< Previous Next >