Re: [SLE] Dead Linux machines
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 06:55:07 -0400
Mark Gray wrote:
(But I tend to agree with the gent who suggested that if an EMP
producing device is set off near you, the death of your computers is
the least of your worries.)
Sounds reasonable. In addition to this thought, another has crossed
my mind: while being concerned about potential problems is good, is
it possible that this might be compared to Y2K? Before that there
were those who thought the world would come to an end, that all our
technology would die and life would come to a halt. While there were
some minor glitches, life went on. I got up the next day and my PC
with SuSE 6.3 was still working :-).

Damon Register