USB drives being detected
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:48:17 -0500
Hey Group;

I have a USB drive plugged into a a USB2 jack. lsusb sees it every time I boot. To get it to mount I (most of the time) need to start and then reboot 3 times before it will be detected. Finally, it is seen. Both fsck.reiserfs and mount report that it is not a block device when it fails. lsusb does show that it is connected.
My thinking is that usb_storage is causing the problem.

This last time I booted three times and it finally allowed fsck.reiserfs and mount. df now shows 1 /media/usbdrive

In all cases the drive is powered up and connected.

Anyone else noting this kind of problem? It works great once mounted
--
73 de Donn Washburn Hpage: " http://www.hal-pc.org/~n5xwb "
Ham Callsign N5XWB Email: " n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx "