Re: [SLE] Help with NFS
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:11:59 +0100
Please reply on list so others with similar problems can read the
solutions...

On Sunday 24 Jul 2005 22:57, you wrote:
> Using your comments and the reference provided by Paul, I was able to
> set up an NIS server and export a directory. It all appeared to be
> working correctly.

OK, what are you using the NIS server for?

> I entered the host name of a client machine,
> linux.

Where did you enter this?

> When I try to access the exported directory, I get an error
> message that the host cannot be found. I'm sure that what I've said
> above is insufficient data. Can you either see what I'm doing wrong
> or ask some clarifying questions?

Can you send the contents of /etc/exports from the server and
either /etc/fstab from the client or the command you typed to mount the
nfs export?

Dylan

--
"The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out."
(Chinese Proverb)

< Previous Next >