Re: [SLE] Motherboard for SuSE 9.3
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:21:25 +0200
On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 22:01 -0700, Tim Hanson wrote:
> I have to go along with the other person who replied to your message. Stay
> away from ASUS. Their support for Linux doesn't exist. In fact, when one
> tells a support person he is using Linux, from that moment on the rep is
> trying to get off the phone. Downright rude.

And my problem isn't even linux related - I have the same symptoms in
windows too. I have e-mailed their support an number of times,
detailing my problem (both in windows and linux terms), explaining what
I've tried, and what I think the problem might be. All I asked is that
they tell me if this is a known problem, is there a bios update on the
way. Heard nothing back. This board is going back. I'm happy to
"downgrade" to an earlier Gigabyte model, because I know it will *just
work*

> As far as the board is concerned, I haven't had my ONE and only ASUS board
> since my 32 bit days, but I recall never getting the board to see the correct
> processor speed, despite the supposed support for the processor. The most
> annoying part was that the computer froze up at times that looked to be
> completely random, requiring a hard reset. I was always doing a reiserfsck
> --rebuild-tree on the drives.
Sounds like what I'm experiencing.

--
Kind regards