Re: [SLE] Does anybody know if this system will work with SuSE 9.3?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:39:35 +0200
> > Unfortunately Newegg provides absolutely no technical support and can't answer
> > questions about anything! :o(

That's a scary thought....

> > Particularly concerned about the motherboard and SATA drive.

Honestly, you'll be hard pressed to find a /typical/ PC configuration
that won't work with Linux these days (yes you can find a config that
won't work, but that takes a little effort :-) I did say typical).

The motherboard in the system you're looking at isn't a new one...
it's been around for a while. With SuSE9.3 the SATA drive should work
fine - I've got a 150GB SATA in mine here at work, and it's workign
fine. DIdn't have to do anything to make it work.. it just worked
right from the initial boto to install SuSE.

Everything else looks to be either well supported, or at least current
standard. Doesn't look to be much of a worry from the hardware said.

I'd be a bit concerned about the total lack of hardware support
though. Is that lack of support, or "Oh my God he said the 'L'
word!!!" lack of support?