Re: [SLE] Does anybody know if this system will work with SuSE 9.3?
** Reply to message from "Stephen Carter" <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on Tue, 26 Jul
2005 15:29:11 +0100

> >Clayton, thanks for the reply. The total lack of support is total lack of
> >support. They only take orders. All technical questions must be directed to the
> >manufacturer of each board or device. It's not the "L" word; rather they
> >provide no support what-so-ever. :o(
> >
> >Gil
>
> I don't want to offend anyone here, but I was surprised by any 'vendor' providing
> zero support of their own products so I had a look... they are just an online
> reseller selling name brand boxes. So if you have a technical problem with your
> HP desktop, then ask HP... that's standard fare from my experiences.
> I didn't see any 'NewEgg' brand pc's which on the other hand I would expect them
> to support.
>
> I'd suggest you visit the manufacturers' website to check for SuSE compatibilty,
> else check the SuSE 9.3 hardware compatibility list against the components
> inside the name brand box you're going to buy, although asking this list is
> always going to be beneficial as well!
>
> Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the problem with newegg.com vs
> any other online discount reseller... Most do DOA only and rely purely on the
> original equipment makers warranty apart from what's required by law.
>
> SteveC

Sorry, not my intention to mislead. Steve is correct -- Newegg is a
retailer/reseller.
I agree as far as warranties and replacing DOA computers.

However, many other retailers/resellers I've dealt with in the past have
someone in the order/customer service dept. who at least can provide some bare
essential information about the products they sell.

Appreciate the suggestions!! :o)
Gil