Re: [SLE] Major problems suse pro 9.3 w/samba 3.0.13
  • From: "Andre Venter" <andrev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:52:29 +0200
Stopping the firewall altogether may be a quick way of finding out if the firewall is in fact the problem, use yast to stop the firewall and remove it from the boot up sequence.

Then try again, I have found that when using pam_smb to auth one needs to specify the "auth server" name on the login string so something like server\user then type the password.

Double clicking the share you are trying to access prompts for login.

Also make sure that if the SMB server is not a PDC that it's in the PDC's workgroup. If there is no PDC then make the SMB server a PDC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlier, Ian" <ian.marlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>