Re: [SLE] Help with NFS - RESOLVED
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:01:29 +0100
On Tuesday 26 Jul 2005 14:06, Donald D Henson wrote:

> You said to make sure there is a blank line at the end of the file.
> Is that essential or just a good idea?

Some programs which read the files in /etc expect a blank line at the
end (to the extent of failing to run) and others don't seem to care. It
doesn't harm to make sure it's there and avoid the
problem. /etc/exportfs can be particularly sensitive to whitespace
problems IME but as ever YMMV.

> Yea. Everything works. I sincerely appreciate your hanging in there
> with what must sound like a bunch of stupid questions.

Hey, I was in your shoes a few years ago, you are most welcome!

Dylan
--
"The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out."
(Chinese Proverb)

< Previous Next >