[SLE] NFS install of 9.3 from downloaded FTP directory
  • From: Ubence Quevedo <r0d3nt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:51:49 -0700 (PDT)
I am having some problems doing an NFS install of SuSE
9.3. I've done plenty of NFS installs with both SuSE
and RedHat and have never had any problems. I've
downloaded all of the files off of an ftp mirror
[ftp.oregonstate.edu]. I downloaded all the files
that I thought were necessary [all the files at the
top level of the 9.3 directory, the boot, docu,
dosutils, media.1, and suse directories]. I did not
however not download the nosrc, src, and x86_64
directories because I didn't see them on the .iso
files, plus I don't need the 64-bit files because it
is a 32-bit system. I'm not using the .iso files
because PostgreSQL is not included. I put the files
on another system, shared out the directory to the
world with read rights, and connect to the NFS share
just fine to do the install, it is when it comes to
the graphical part where it tells you what it is going
to do with your system is that it says it can't find
the installation files. I have the i586, i686,
noarch, and setup directories in a suse directory that
resides in the NFS share. Isn't this all that I need?
I'm not entirely certain what I should be looking
for, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

-Ubence