Re: [SLE] Suse 9.3 Threads (Linux or NPTL) question
  • From: Adolph & Sharon Weidanz <timetopaws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:26:51 -0400
Jerry Feldman wrote:

>>I was reading this months issue of Dr. Dobb's and they have an
>>interesting (at least for me ;^) article on Linux threads. So I went my
>>development machine and did the test they provided. According to the
>>program they had in the listing (tested the thread PID with the process
>>PID) and it reported that I was running with LinuxThreads however when I
> Both LinuxThreads and NPTL is installed, but you will get some NPTL behavior
> unless you specifically build with nptl (highly recommended).

Sorry I was to fast with the send key... Is there a FAQ or HOWTO on how
specify to use the NPTL? I tried setting the CFLAGS to -pthread
-l/usr/include//nptl -L/usr/lib/nptl and compiling, I still get that it
is using the linuxthreads and not nptl. Thanks again..

--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public.” [Theodore Roosevelt] 1918

Adolph & Sharon Weidanz SuSE 9.2
'78 43' Endeavour Ketch Folding@Home Team 45
S/V Time To Paws