Re: [SLE] Edit a .ps file ? OT
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:57:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Jul 26 22:26 B. Stia wrote (shortened):
> I downloaded a form that was created as a pdf. Then converted it to post
> script. Views fine in ghostview. I want to fill out the form, save it
> in any kind of format and then print it.

Why don't you use the Adobe Reader (acroread) to fill out the form
in its original PDF format?
See "rpm -qi acroread".

> Can't seem to figure out how to edit (fill out) the form with
> ghostscript.

Ghostscript cannot do this.
Ghostscript is a PoststScript interpreter, not a PoststScript editor.
PoststScript does not support the idea of filling out forma at all.
It is PDF which supports this and therefore the form was PDF.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5 Mail: jsmeix@xxxxxxx