Re: [SLE] OpenOffice 2 print through kprinter?
  • From: Don Raboud <don.raboud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:35:44 -0600
On Wednesday 27 July 2005 1:53 pm, James Knott wrote:
> Carlos F Lange wrote:

> >>Did you try using the OO Printer Administration?
> >
> > I think I looked now through all the menu items, all the Option
> > items and all the SuSE/KDE menu items and I haven't found the
> > OO Printer Administration (or something equivalent to "spadmin").
> > Am I blind or what?
>
> On my system, it's in the OpenOffice menu. However, if it's not on
> yours, it's easy enough to create. In my menu, the command for running
> it is "/usr/X11R6/bin/OOo-padmin --messages-in-window".

Carlos,

Not sure which version you are running. I recently installed
OpenOffice 1.9-118, and the printer administration command has moved
to /usr/bin/openoffice.org-1.9-printeradmin.

Some parts seem a bit buggy though. When started, it only shows a Generic
Printer (lpr) as installed. After choosing anything (for example,
"Properites" and then cancel immediately) the list gets updated to show all
installed CUPS printers. Printing through CUPS works fine though.

Hope this helps.

--
Don