Re: [SLE] exact audio copy in linux
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:41:12 -0400
On Wednesday 27 July 2005 04:33 pm, Gabor Istvan wrote:
> > > Does anyone know of a program for linux that can be used

> > > make an exact copy of an audio CD? Something that
>
> works
>
> > > similarly to windows exactaudiocopy (EAC).
> >
> > k3b ==> "Tools" ==> "CD" ==> "Copy CD"
> >
> > Charles
>
> Thanks, but I meant something SIMILAR to EAC in windows.
> I think kb3 uses cdrecord or cdrdao for ripping CDs and they
> don't read the audio tracks as securely as cdparanoia or EAC.
> Furthermore you can not set the reading offset with them that
> also may be necessary for making exact copies.
> IG
-------------

I've used k3b to make several audio cd copies with great success. The
copies even turn out to be quite playable on cd devices not designed to
use cdr discs. That's how close to the original they turn out. I have
also recently made several audio cds from mp3 and ogg files. Again k3b
worked flawlessly and created especially nice audio cds for both my
player (reads mp3, cdr, cdrw, etc) and the wife's player, standard car
cd player factory installed.

If you are in love with EAC, stick with EAC, unless you are trying to
rid yourself of Windows since moving to Linux.

regards,
Lee

--
--- KMail v1.8 --- SuSE Linux Pro v9.2 ---
Registered Linux User #225206